I am taking a hiatus this year to address some medical issues and to go on a holiday !
I will miss seeing you all and I look forward to pictures and stories and next summer!
Have a great camp!
Work hard , laugh, and have fun ( in any order!)
Who am I?
a choir director
a mother of two and now……………….a writer!
Born: Vancouver, B.C. 19– (not telling!) Status: 2 children ages 24 and 21 , 1 cat
I moved to Kalso September 2010 after spending most of my career at the Coast.
CREDENTIALS: THE IMPORTANT STUFF!
- Jazz Diploma from VCC 1979 jazz voice /piano/ trombone
- B.MUS from UBC in 1982-voice and piano.
- Many years studying voice with a variety of renowned teachers in Vancouver
- Taught at the Langley Music School: Voice, Orff music, and Choir. I attended many choral workshops, Level two Orff Training and Vocal Master Classes. I taught members of the Toronto Children’s choir in Toronto. and performed with The Greater Vancouver Opera Society (Musicals). I formed a harp/voice duo, Telyn, which performed at Expo ’86.
- I began teaching music in the public school system in 1989 working with all ages. I have directed many children’s choirs in schools and have conducted both Community Choirs and Church Choirs in Abbotsford, Surrey, Merritt, and now in Kaslo: Kuimba (which means ‘ we sing” in Swahili) is now in its 4th season.
- I have taught private voice lessons and conducted choirs for over 20 years. Teaching and performing has been my lifeblood. I bring my passion, sense of fun, experience, training, and love of music to you!