I offer vocal coaching and lessons for singers of all stripes! My relaxed approach includes lots of laughter as you explore your amazing instrument.
Rates are regularly $15/half-hour session/ $20 for 45 minutes
Group rates and coaching are also available, on request.
My studio is now in my heritage house on A Avenue close to JVH
I CAN HELP YOU:
- meet specific goals: goals might include wanting to build a wider range and more power on upper notes (falsetto in men). You may want to develop a certain style of singing – from the traditional Royal Conservatory classical training to Jazz, Broadway, Folk and Pop. I am passionate about helping you develop your own unique voice that is authentic to you as an individual no matter what vocal genres you embrace as a musican.
- learn to colour your voice with a vocal palette like that of an artist: lights and darks , sexy, growly, thin or full, open or covered….. vocal colours are the tools for expressing emotion. Expand your tehnical kit and you expand your ability to communicate with your audience.
- build your basic music theory skills so you can both read and write music – I know, I know, but if you want respect know your stuff!!
- prepare for auditions or get feedback and coaching for your band or group preparing to record or perform. I have an excellent ear for textures, balance and dynamics and I have a gift for drawing out your emotions and teaching you to use your voice to convey what you want to express when you perform.
- Want to look good on stage? I can help with that too!